what's important!
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.I would have talked less and listened more.I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplaceI would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle. When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it, live it and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what.Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally. I hope you all have a blessed day

4 Comments:
Had a few problems posting this comment so you might get 10 comments all the same!!!
This is so true Fuchsy, and you know, you have been very instrumental in helping Manny and I see the world this way, along the way.
When we were having problems with our business, you were always able to allow us to see that there were other aspects of our lives which were very positive, and that there were things that we were doing which were right. Thanks for all of that. We all tend to forget these simple pleasures in life.
Swanx
thanks swan, the death of my dear friend Zoe really brought this home to me!, will post a poem that I wrote for her if I can find it!
Also reading a great book called consolations from Philosophy, that says some wonderful things about friendship, so will post them too!
Friends and family are everything to me !
How wonderful to have you as a dear friend!
Hi, What a beautiful thought and such moving words. Occasionally I have been privileged to work with people in terminal stages of illness and these sentiments are frequently expressed.
Many times they are hidden behind anger, disappointment and frustration. But when someone turns the corner and returns to an active life, they carry these thoughts with them and it completely transforms their life.
May I have your permission to copy these words? I'd like to share them with a few friends who I know would appreciate them.
many thanks
Jon, Watchet
Hi jon sorry not to have been in touch...of course , they are not my words, but I editeded the original....I find them so uplifting my self.
Post a Comment
<< Home