The Karass

A blog about life, the universe, the future, the past, the funny, the sad, the interesting, the dull, the whatever...Please post any topic that you would like to talk about.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Veggie recipes please!

As I am resuming my veggie diet(including the underwater vegetables known as fish!) in my latest attempt to fulfil my new years revolutions, I would be grateful if anyone has some tasty veggie recipes they would like to share. Here is a dead easy one I picked up from the net (to the author much thanks):

Lentil Curry
Sauté a large chopped onion in a little vegetable oil until soft, stir in a tablespoon of medium curry powder, stir for a couple of minutes; add 1 cup washed red lentils, 400 gram tin of tomatoes, 2 cups of water, I vegetable stock cube, 1 teaspoon yeast extract (eg marmite), salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; add a handful or two of oats or brown bread-crumbs or crumbled weetabix for the last couple of minutes.

Serve with a crispy toasted pitta bread and salad for a light lunch, or with rice and accompaniments for a hearty meal. For added luxury, top the curry with a small dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home